Geraldine Engelman established Gerri Engelman & Associates (Pty) Ltd in 2004. Geraldine Engelman has worked for over 20 years in community and organizational development with specific focus on youth, health, education and the arts. Her recent experience includes the following:
- Founder & Director of Gerri Engelman & Associates (Pty) Ltd.
- Production Manager for Windybrow Centre for the Arts until 1995
- Director of an Early Childhood Development organisation until 1998
- Founder member, Trustee and Executive Director of an educational bursary trust established in 1999. Departed from the organisation at the end of 2003 to continue with GE&A. Fund-raising, building of the bursary programme to include recruitment strategies, developing criteria for identifying students, developing a programme for the mentors of students, career guidance activities for students, administering of the allocated funds, and build the High School Programme to be a sustainable entity.
- President of Gauteng South Chess Association
She holds diplomas in Public Relations and Management Development & Leadership from Wits. Her certificates include Psychology & English at UNISA, Labour Industrial from Trade Union Council in United Kingdom, Organisational Development from OLIVE, Management Advanced Programme from Wits and Adult Education from University of Western Cape.